Saturday, November 27, 2010

Student Teaching

For the past several years I've been feverishly progressing toward my graduate degree in Childhood Education grades 1-6 with an additional certification in Special Education. I thought the schoolwork would never end. However, this September I began the final leg of my journey by working in two different elementary schools as a student teacher. Some of my fellow graduate students have complained about the overwhelming student teaching workload so, to tell you the truth, I was a bit apprehensive.

My mother always said that 90 percent of what we worry about does not occur. In this case she was (once again) right! Although I have a lot of work I have also enjoyed the students and my fellow educators immensely. I feel that I have finally come home and found my people! I am comfortable, energized and challenged in a supportive, creative environment.I can hardly wait until I have my own classroom and will smile each time I think of the teachers and students I have worked with during my student teaching tenure.

Thank you to all teachers who have taken the time to support a nascent educator. Your support and kindness are very much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment